March 17, 2020,
We are very sorry to inform you all that due to the global Coronavirus crisis we have to postpone the festival Amersfoort Jazz, the Sena Performers International Jazz Laureate Festival and the World Jazz Conference. Between May 14 and 17 we were expecting musicians and professionals from more than 25 countries around the world and at this point we find it irresponsible to continue the event at the set dates in May.We are in close contact with the municipality to see if we can find and alternative weekend later this year, but they get numerous requests also from other events which want to postpone. If we get a new date, we propose to copy the festival schedule as originally planned from Thursday till Sunday to the new dates, i.e. transfer the original timeframe to then mentioned weekend. This would mean, all concert slots, conference meetings, dinners and other scheduled events will be held in the same timeframe as they have been fixed for now.We are very sorry for all efforts and costs which are already made by any of you. We honestly think no one could have foreseen such a major global crisis on such a short timeframe and we think it is in the interest of everyone to make this decision now. We hope that the impact of the virus on the world will be less by the time summer starts and that we will be able to let the festival take place on new dates this year.
For now, we wish everyone good health.
The Amersfoort Jazz / JazzNL team
also on behalf of the boards
MAY 15-17, 2020
AMERSFOORT, THE NETHERLANDS
The Sena Performers International Jazz Laureate Festival is a full-fledged concert program during the annual festival Amersfoort Jazz in The Netherlands. In 2020, the event is organized for the fourth time.
The purpose of the event is to help young and talented musicans to build their careers and connect to the growing global World Jazz network. About ten laureates (finalists from notable music competitions), are endorsed by vibrant World Jazz festivals from their home country. They are selected by a special committee, composed of members of the international JazzNL network.
Besides performing two times at the festival, the international laureates eat & meet with festival directors and curators from around the globe, who are attending the World Jazz festival and its conference in Amersfoort - on a people-to-people basis, opportunities that young artists otherwise hardly get.
The past editions (2017, 2018, 2019) led to various interesting opportunities, connections and collaborations - all through the exchange of music, culture, expertise and talent. For many artists the event helped launching an international tour.
The Sena Performers International Jazz Laureate Festival is an initiative by the Dutch music organizations JazzNL, Dutch Performers House, Sena Performers and the Dutch Musicians Union Ntb, in alignment with the annual World Jazz event Amersfoort Jazz in The Netherlands.
• T.B.A. Laureate from the Dutch Jazz Competition (NLD), endorsed by Amersfoort Jazz festival, The Netherlands
• Kasia Pietrzko Trio (POL), endorsed by Szczecin Jazz Festival, Poland
• Petra Várallyay Trio (HUN), endorsed by Babel Sound Jazz Fesztivál, Hungary
• Fernando Brox (ESP), w/ Broxilla, endorsed by Festival JazzCádiz, Spain
• Tontrakul (THA), w/ Sound of Siam, endorsed by Hua Hin International Jazz Festival, Thailand
• Baturay Yarkin Trio ft. Nagme Yarkin (TUR), endorsed by Yeldegirmeni (Windmills) Jazz Festival, Turkey
• Flora Carbo (AUS), w/ Origami, endorsed by Wangaratta Festival of Jazz & Blues, Australia
• Keorapetse Kolwane (ZAF), w/ Thapelo Khumisi, endorsed by Joy of Jazz, South Africa
• Daniëlla Hart (ZAF), w/ Thapelo Khumisi, endorsed by Joy of Jazz, South Africa
• Laura Marti (UKR), w/ Trio Nataliya Lebedeva, endorsed by Leopolis Jazz Fest, Ukraine
Laureates in 2020
FRIDAY, MAY 15, 2020 | DE LIEVE VROUW, AMERSFOORT
SATURDAY, MAY 16, 2020 | DE OBSERVANT, AMERSFOORT
SUNDAY, MAY 17, 2020 | DE LIEVE VROUW, AMERSFOORT